I’m Steve Bennett: software engineer, project manager, business analyst, technical writer, system administrator, technical analyst, project administrator and opinionateur in the Australian e-Research sector. I currently work at the University of Melbourne, where I help to build communities of researchers around technologies. My free time is filled with cycle touring, open data, maps, and general technological exploration.
I’m stevage1 on Twitter, and my Gmail address is stevage.
Steve on the web:
- 2014: http://steventuring.wordpress.com, my outdoor adventures, especially cycling ones.
- 2013: http://researchmaps.net, material and support site for our Mapmaking for Academics course.
- 2013: http://cycletour.org, a route planning site I’m making for cycle touring in Victoria.
- 2013: http://emscycletours.site44.com, a map of all the trips my cycle touring buddies have done.
- 2013: “Immigration in proportion” video for Govhack 2013, co-created with Andrew Wise. (Official competition entry).
- 2013: http://thingsihateaboutgit.tumblr.com, an outlet for Git criticism.
- 2013: http://qartography.tumblr.com, an outlet for map-making experiments.
- 2009-: A gazillion edits on OpenStreetMap, plus some work on Potlatch2, the Flash-based editor
- 2005-:A gazillion edits on Wikipedia, including lots of photos and maps.
- 2008: Wrote most of the documentation for the ARCHER project.
- 2003: Rendered landscapes with Terragen